One of the features of the Bit of Sweden cookbook that I especially like is the section with Table Graces or prayers. There are 20 of them.
So if you are getting tired of the old God is great, God is good, Let us thank Him for our food.
You might be ready to try one of the ones in the Bit of Sweden cookbook. I will share a couple of my favorites.
"Dear God, we thank you for our food,
for life and joy and play.
We praise you for the special things
you give to us this day." Amen
I think this one is my favorite. I would probably add give us a heart to actually be your hands and feet. To not just talk but to be out making a difference in the lives of others.
O Lord, bless this food to our use,
And us to Thy service,
Make us ever mindful of the needs of others.
In Jesus' name, Amen
There is also a Kitchen Prayer and I have given you just the first part of it. Get the cookbook I know you will enjoy the rest of the graces contained in it's pages.
"God bless my little kitchen,
I love it's every nook,
And bless me as I do my work,
Wash pots and pans and cook.
And may the meals that I prepare
Be seasoned from above
With Thy great blessings and Thy Grace
But most of all, Thy love...."

No comments:
Post a Comment